On June 22, 1991 the range was officially dedicated to the late Captian George H Bunning Jr. of the Waldwick Police Department for his many contributions to the range over the years and being one of the three founding members.
One of the reasons for the formation of the Club, was to allow Waldwick residents to be able to use the range under a controlled situation. This still holds true today.
To date over 1000 men, women, and young people having been, or are presently, members of the Waldwick Pistol & Rifle Club. We still have 2 charter members in the club having joined on July 11,1960
The Waldwick Police Pistol Range was built in 1959 and the Waldwick Pistol and Rifle Club was formed in 1960. In the Spring of 1960, police officer George Bunning Jr., Paul Leal, and Andrew Churchson met in Paul Leal's Sport Shop (was located across from the library) to form the Waldwick Pistol and Rifle Club. The first official meeting took place on July 11th, 1960, with over 30 prospective members attending. Paul Leal was elected President, George Bunning Jr. as Range Officer, and Andrew Churchson as Secretary/Treasurer.
The Waldwick Junior Rifle Club was also formed, to allow youngsters to learn the safe handling of firearms, and for target shooting.
In 1963, the club received its incorporation in the State of New Jersey.